I'm Sofia Roper
Creator of simple designs and digital efficiency.
Here are some facts about me
- I was born in Vienna, Austria and we immigrated to South Africa when I was seven.
- After finishing school, I became a goldsmith and jewelry designer and started my own business at 23.
- It’s during those years that I bought my first computer and fell in love with technology. It clicked with my problem-solving practical brain.
- In 2001 I left South Africa and after traveling for a while, settled in San Diego, California where I became a financial advisor and coach.
- After a divorce in 2010, I took some time off to hone my tech skills while coaching private clients.
- When I left San Diego to move to Oregon, I stayed with two different friends who each needed help with their computers. After setting things up for them so that it was simpler and more efficient they both said; “You’re very good at this and have so much patience. You should do it as a business.” Well that’s all the encouragement I needed.
- Shortly after settling in Oregon, I started my tech and web development biz and clients started calling me the Tech Whisperer. (Ask me why)
- When my grandson was born, my daughter and her family decided to move to Knoxville, Tennessee. Since they were my only family in the US, I moved there too.
- I have a son who lives in South Africa, mom and brothers in Austria, and cousins in Australia. You could call me a global citizen.